The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
For Information on becoming a Master Gardener volunteer click here.
COVID-19 - In keeping with precautions and recommendations, Master Gardener are not doing any in person events or programs at this time. We are offering some on-line virtual program and will continue to add those as we develop them. Please check back here for updates and changes in offerings to support your home gardening.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
FOR HOME GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Our Help Desk is open to answer your questions by email and phone. To submit your questions please complete our diagnosis form or leave a phone message at 707-253-4143.
(note: To submit a photo to go with your diagnosis sheet please use our email at email@example.com )
The master gardener volunteers are working remotely and they will get back to you after they research your questions. Once it is safe to do so, we will reopen our office to serve you again in person.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information regarding Napa County UC Cooperative Extension offerings please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Mobile users to find offerings and events menu. Click the 'Vent'
Master Gardener Calendar
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County If you're observant and you own citrus trees, you may have noticed that they usually have three flushes of growth each year–in...
By Denise Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County What comes to mind when you think of poppies? When I was a child, luminous California poppies in glowing golden yellow were plucked and...
By Denise Seghesio Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Last year my husband discovered the joy of making cucumber pickles. He put fresh cucumbers in a clean jar with dill, bay and...
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County Even if you are busy harvesting and giving away zucchini, picking tomatoes for salads and sauces and preserving summer's sweet...