The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
For Information on becoming a Master Gardener volunteer click here.
COVID-19 - In keeping with precautions and recommendations, Master Gardener are not doing any in-person events indoors at this time. We are offering on-line virtual programs and will continue to add those as we develop them. Please check back here for updates in our offerings.
FOR HOME GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
To submit your questions please complete our diagnosis form or leave a phone message at: (707) 253-4143
Note: To submit a photo to go with your diagnosis sheet please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The master gardener volunteers are working remotely and will get back to you after they research your questions. Once it is safe to do so, we will reopen our office to serve you again in person.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a several months to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and basic horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
- PLEASE NOTE - there will not be a volunteer training class in 2021 for Napa County. Please check this website in summer of 2021 for details about our next training class that will start in January 2022.
- For information on becoming a UC Master Gardener in 2022 click here.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users to find offerings and events menu. Click the 'Vent' at the top of your Mobile Browser:
Master Gardener Calendar
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County For me, this past year has been very distracting, so I'm not as far along with planting my summer garden as I normally would be....
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County One of the things that I like most about spring is the beauty of flowering trees. It's just stunning to see a magnolia or almond...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County As a gardener, you are doubtlessly painfully aware of how little rainfall we had during our last rainy season. According to the...