UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information regarding Napa County UC Cooperative Extension offerings please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
For Site Navigation Please Use our New Menu Bar!
Master Gardener Calendar
|Informational Meeting - New Training Class - Napa||9/24/2019|
|National Public Lands Day/Arbor Day||9/28/2019|
|Home and Worm Composting - Napa||10/2/2019|
|FREE - Learn About Onions- Leeks- Shallots and More - Napa||10/3/2019|
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Susanne von Rosenberg, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County One of the questions that home gardeners ask Napa County Master Gardeners most frequently is: How much should I water? As with many...
By Denise Seghesio Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Most of us have warm, fuzzy feelings about ladybugs. We feel special when a ladybug lands on our hand. We charm our...
Time to Plan and Plant Fall and Winter Vegetables. By Susanne von Rosenberg, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County If you are a regular reader of this column, you already know that...