Mobile users to find offerings and events menu. Click the 'Vent'
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information regarding Napa County UC Cooperative Extension offerings please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Getting to the Root of the Problem - Napa Library FREE talk||2/6/2020|
|Home Vineyard - CANCELLED||2/8/2020|
|Sustainable Vegetable Gardening Series||2/23/2020|
|Step-by-Step Garden Design||2/29/2020|
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Susanne von Rosenberg, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Regular readers of this column know that it is possible to grow vegetables year-round in Napa County. But did you know...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Have you been thinking about adding a fruit tree or two to your garden? December and January are the best times of year to plant deciduous...
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County It seems like just yesterday was Thanksgiving and tomorrow is practically Christmas. We have only a few days left to...
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Finally, we have rain. While more determined gardeners may still be pursuing outdoor projects, I have set my sights on less-damp...