Cupid’s Kisses, February 2020
By Carol Dacanay
Roses are a traditional token of love and beauty. Pink roses symbolize grace, admiration and joy. All these descriptions are fitting for the Cupid’s Kisses rose!
Cupid’s Kisses are a graceful miniature climbing rose. It boasts abundant 1-2” ruffled blossoms that are a beautiful pink with white near the center. The colors joyfully stand out against its green, glossy foliage. Expect this rose, which grows well in a pot, to grow to about 4’-6’ tall. It is attractive to bees and butterflies as they admire its fragrant flowers.
Alas, like all the roses in our Napa gardens, Cupid’s Kisses are dormant in February.
They will bloom when the weather warms up in spring and repeatedly bloom until fall. What’s not to love about Cupid’s Kisses?
- Bloom type: informal clusters that will bloom spring through fall
- Characteristics: miniature climbing, grows well in a pot, needs support trellis
- Color: pink with white center
- Fragrance: fruity, moderate
- Exposure: full sun, partial shade
- Habit: 4’-6’ tall and approx 6’ wide