Fuller Park History
Some Interesting Notes About Fuller Park
- Fuller Park is on the ‘National Register of Historic Places’
- Originally known as “Campbell’s Grove” consisting of ½ playing field & ½ orchard
- Napa’s football and baseball teams held their contests there
- In 1905 10.8 acres purchased for $12,000 by a public supported bond and turned into a public park named “Oak Street Park”
- Name changed to “Fuller Park” in 1919 to honor C.H. ‘Jack’ Fuller the Napa mayor involved in its acquisition
- The Master Gardeners also provide Guided Tree Walks at Fuller Park. Please click the blue box below for more information!