UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Our Website Address has Changed!
Having difficulty viewing our site, seeing broken links or missing graphics?
Please Click on this (our new) Link!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|FREE Dazzling Dahlias & Other Summer-Blooming Bulbs - Napa||2/7/2019|
|FREE Growing Summer Vegetables - Napa||3/7/2019|
|Successful Spring & Summer Vegetables - Napa||3/9/2019|
|Growing Summer Vegetables - Yountville||3/10/2019|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added January 15, 2019
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Many of us set goals at the start of a new year, and most of us give up on them fairly quickly. How about focusing on your garden...
Added January 5, 2019
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Your garden soil has the ability to absorb and store atmospheric carbon. This process, called carbon sequestration, has been in...
Added December 29, 2018
By Denise Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa CountyPurple plants do well in my garden. Animals seem to leave them alone, and birds that seem to know which little green things are weeds and which are...
Added December 28, 2018
By Penny Pawl, UC Master Gardener of Napa County This past November, I went to Oaxaca to celebrate the Day of the Dead. The experience was unique in many ways and I enjoyed it very much. The...
Added December 26, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County If you are like me, you have occasionally daydreamed of a life on a farm. Open skies, fresh air and working the land all add up to a pretty...
Added November 16, 2018
By Cynthia Kasten, UC Master Gardener of Napa County If you are familiar with the area around the Historic Napa Mill and Napa River Inn in downtown Napa, you may have noticed the beautiful...
Added November 9, 2018
Evocative is the word that comes to mind when I see canna lilies. I have visions of jungles, plants with giant unfurling leaves, sunshine and bright red, yellow, pink or fiery orange flowers. Hailing...