Mobile users to find offerings and events menu. Click the 'Vent'
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
For Information on becoming a Master Gardener volunteer click here.
COVID-19 - In keeping with precautions and recommendations, Master Gardener in person events and programs are being postponed or canceled through the end of April. Please check back here regularly for updates and changes in offerings, including virtual opportunities to support your home gardening.
FOR HOME GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
FOR GARDEN QUESTIONS - Our Help Desk is closed for in-person consultations. In order to protect everyone's health and safety we ask that you submit your questions by e-mail or phone 707-253-4143. Volunteers will get back to you after they research answers to your questions.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information regarding Napa County UC Cooperative Extension offerings please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Cancelled - Great Tomatoes for Your Summer Garden - Napa Library FREE talk||4/2/2020|
|Cancelled - Growing Tomatoes in the Home Garden - Napa||4/4/2020|
|Cancelled- Growing Tasty Tomatoes - Yountville||4/5/2020|
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County It's almost the end of March, and we're getting close to the planting season for summer vegetables. At the same time,...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Happy Spring! Spring officially arrived on Thursday, March 19, at 8:49 p.m. If you're feeling like most people right now,...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Growing some of your own vegetables is one way to contribute to a more sustainable world. Locally grown food, if grown correctly,...
By Penny Pawl, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County One of spring's miracles is about to occur. The California Pipevine Swallowtail butterflies will start emerging from their pupas and gather around...
By Denise Seghesio Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County First, a disclaimer. While there are many wonderful landscape and garden designers who are Master Gardeners, I am not...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Plants are a terrific way to create a privacy screen for your garden, or to create a shady space in summer. For privacy screens,...