The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
For Information on becoming a Master Gardener volunteer click here.
COVID-19 - In keeping with precautions and recommendations, Master Gardener in person events and programs are being postponed or canceled through the end of April. Please check back here regularly for updates and changes in offerings, including virtual opportunities to support your home gardening.
FOR HOME GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Our Help Desk is open to answer your questions by email and phone. To submit your questions please complete our diagnosis form or leave a phone message at 707-253-4143.
The master gardener volunteers are working remotely and they will get back to you after they research your questions. Once it is safe to do so, we will reopen our office to serve you again in person.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information regarding Napa County UC Cooperative Extension offerings please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Mobile users to find offerings and events menu. Click the 'Vent'
Master Gardener Calendar
|Food Growing Forum - monthly Q & A by Zoom||7/26/2020|
|Food Growing Forum - monthly Q & A by Zoom||8/23/2020|
|Food Growing Forum - Q & A monthly by Zoom||9/27/2020|
|Food Growing Forum - Q & A monthly by Zoom||10/25/2020|
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Citrus trees are a familiar sight in Napa County, and many of us grow them. In general, citrus is pretty easy to care for:...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County During this uncertain time, many of us have become more committed to growing our own vegetables. A logical next question is: how...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Weeds can serve some useful purposes, but unless you're an unusual gardener, you probably still prefer to decide what gets to grow...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County It's May and everything is growing beautifully, including weeds. Even if your garden is exceptionally well-weeded, new...