UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Our Website Address has Changed!
If you are having difficulty navigating our site, seeing broken links or missing graphics, please do the following:
Click on this (our new) Link!
And if you use a bookmark, please update it so that its fixed the next time you visit!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|FREE Rose Talk - Napa||1/3/2019|
|Rose Pruning - Napa||1/5/2019|
|FREE Rose Talk - American Canyon||1/9/2019|
|How to Plan & Plant a Home Vineyard - Yountville||1/12/2019|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added November 16, 2018
By Cynthia Kasten, UC Master Gardener of Napa County If you are familiar with the area around the Historic Napa Mill and Napa River Inn in downtown Napa, you may have noticed the beautiful...
Added November 9, 2018
Canna Lily. By Denise Seghesio Levine, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Evocative is the word that comes to mind when I see canna...
Added November 5, 2018
Planting Cover Crops Enriches the Soil. By T. Eric Nightingale UC Master Gardeners of Napa County The long summer of vegetable gardening can leave your soil in need of some rejuvenation, a...
Added November 2, 2018
By Penny Pawl, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County Some time ago I wrote a column about African keyhole gardens. These innovative gardens are circular and have a place in the middle for worm...
Added October 19, 2018
By Cindy Watter, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County The first brugmansia I ever saw was growing in an enormous pot someone had placed against the wall of an otherwise insalubrious alley in...
Added October 17, 2018
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County A seed packet of Rainbow Floral Strain Mix of coleus is on my table and that is pretty exciting. Better than a box of...
Added October 16, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Fall is a wonderful time to be in the garden. The cooler air is reinvigorating after the long hot days of summer. Fall is also a...