The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
For Information on becoming a Master Gardener volunteer click here.
COVID-19 - In keeping with precautions and recommendations, Master Gardener are not doing any in person events or programs at this time. We are offering some on-line virtual program and will continue to add those as we develop them. Please check back here for updates and changes in offerings to support your home gardening.
FOR HOME GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Our Help Desk is open to answer your questions by email and phone. To submit your questions please complete our diagnosis form or leave a phone message at 707-253-4143.
(note: To submit a photo to go with your diagnosis sheet please use our email at firstname.lastname@example.org )
The master gardener volunteers are working remotely and they will get back to you after they research your questions. Once it is safe to do so, we will reopen our office to serve you again in person.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a several months to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and basic horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
- PLEASE NOTE - there will not be a volunteer training class in Napa County for 2021 but there will be training in 2022. Check back here in mid-summer of 2021 for details.
- For information on becoming a UC Master Gardener click here.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users to find offerings and events menu. Click the 'Vent'
Master Gardener Calendar
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County An easy way to spice up your vegetable garden is to plant onions and garlic. They are not difficult to grow. You can plant onions...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Gardening myths can come from many sources. A fair number arise when information applicable to agriculture is misapplied to home...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County These days you can get gardening information just about anywhere. In addition to the internet, there are radio shows,...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County It's the middle of October, we haven't had any rain yet, and I'm working on and thinking about my spring vegetable garden....