UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|FREE - Tips for Success with Succulent Plants - Napa||9/5/2019|
|Informational Meeting - New Training Class - Napa||9/7/2019|
|Guided Tree Walk - Napa||9/9/2019|
|FREE - Tips for Success with Succulent Plants - St. Helena||9/10/2019|
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Denise Seghesio Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Most of us have warm, fuzzy feelings about ladybugs. We feel special when a ladybug lands on our hand. We charm our...
Time to Plan and Plant Fall and Winter Vegetables. By Susanne von Rosenberg, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County If you are a regular reader of this column, you already know that...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Adding one or more trees to your garden can make a very big difference. Trees are amazing. They can provide shade and fruit,...
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Gardening is fun, of that there is little doubt. It begins with a trip to the nursery, picking out those perfect plants from the...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Gardeners are a generous bunch. I know that I have benefitted tremendously from the knowledge and plants shared by more...