The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
HAVE GARDEN QUESTIONS?Help Desk is open for your garden questions on Mondays and Fridays, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
FOR GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Master Gardener volunteers:
- Are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- Complete an intensive in-person and on line training program in plant science, basic horticulture, and other topics over several months to receive certification.
- Stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users: To find offerings and events menu, click the 'Vent' at the top of your Mobile Browser:
Master Gardener Calendar
|Agaves - More Than Tequila and Century Plants - 1 hr Free Napa Library Talk by ZOOM
|Spring Into Summer Vegetable Garden - Napa
|Going Deep; The Locally Native Experience
|Spring Into Summer Vegetable Garden - Yountville
UC Master Gardeners Napa County
1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4
Napa, CA 94559-1315
Master Gardeners are available to answer your gardening questions on Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. See the contact instructions by clicking on the Garden Questions? on the top menu bar of this page.
Napa Farmers Market (May - October)
Master Gardeners are available to answer your gardening questions at the Farmers Market on the 1st and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 8-12pm
1100 West St. Parking Lot, Downtown Napa.
COVID-19 - Master Gardeners are doing various program venues, including by zoom, outdoors and indoors in-person. For indoor events masks are suggested for everyone and required for anyone who has been exposed within the last 10 days, to someone who has COVID-19.
Weekly Newspaper Column
Have you heard the term “shoulder season”? Sometimes it refers to in-between times at resorts when neither winter sports nor summer activities are available. Recently I've been thinking...
I enjoy wandering Napa's neighborhoods, admiring the front yards, and noting the changes in landscape gardening styles. There has been quite a metamorphosis over the decades. Many people have moved...
The harvest of last year's summer and fall crops has ended. I harvested my veggies, elderberries, pineapple guavas and pomegranates. I cleaned up the garden and put away my tools. It was time to let...
Due to my great-great-grandfather's success at planting citrus groves in the 1870s, I was told at an early age that orange juice flowed through my veins. Those historic California orange and...
During the dark and cold days of January, is there any reason to work in the garden? Add wet soil that should not be disturbed, and you have a trifecta of obstacles for planting. However, this month...