The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
All information sessions for the MG Class of 2023 have concluded.
We will post information for the Class of 2024 beginning in the summer of 2023.
HAVE GARDEN QUESTIONS?
Due to County login policy difficulties, our Office Help Desk is currently CLOSED to phone, email, and in office contact.
However, we are available to answer your gardening questions at the Tuesday Napa Farmers Market!
Master Gardener Info Booth & Help Desk
Every Tuesday Farmers Market through October 2022
from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Located at the 1100 West Street Parking Lot in Downtown Napa.
FOR GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Master Gardener volunteers:
- Are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- Complete an intensive in-person and on line training program in plant science, basic horticulture, and other topics over several months to receive certification.
- Stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users: To find offerings and events menu, click the 'Vent' at the top of your Mobile Browser:
Master Gardener Calendar
|Danger & Romance in Your Garden - Poisonous Plants- Napa Library talk by zoom||10/6/2022|
|Food Growing Forum by Zoom - Oct Topic: Cover Crops in Depth||10/9/2022|
|FREE Guided Tree Walk at Fuller Park October 11 - Napa||10/11/2022|
|Ole Health Garden monthly event- Napa||10/15/2022|
UC Master Gardeners Napa County
1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4
Napa, CA 94559-1315
Master Gardeners are currently unavailable by phone or email. Please visit us at the Napa Farmers Market for your garden questions.
Napa Farmers Market
Every Tuesday from 8-12pm
1100 West St. Parking Lot, Downtown Napa.
COVID-19 - Master Gardeners are doing various program venues, including by zoom, outdoors and indoors in-person. For indoor events masks are recommended for everyone and required for non-vaccinated people.
Weekly Newspaper Article
I enjoy Amy Stewart's writing style. She informs and entertains at the same time. She has written a number of books about plants, worms and insects but also written historical fiction. I have...
Years ago, on the last day of school, the assistant principal sent out an email to all the teachers. He suggested we sit down for a few minutes and review our academic year and think about...
On any given day, air and surface temperatures tend to be higher in urban areas than in surrounding rural settings. This phenomenon is called the heat-island effect. Temperatures can also vary...
About 25 years ago, my children and I planted a particularly exuberant flower garden in the backyard. We had pink and purple, and white cosmos, brilliant blue morning glories and many colors of...
One of my neighbors, David Graves, is a partner in the Carneros winery Saintsbury. It's a small but thriving enterprise and very attractive because of its garden, making it a pleasant place to...