The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
HAVE GARDEN QUESTIONS?Help Desk is open for your garden questions on Mondays and Fridays, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
FOR GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Master Gardener volunteers:
- Are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- Complete an intensive in-person and on line training program in plant science, basic horticulture, and other topics over several months to receive certification.
- Stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users: To find offerings and events menu, click the 'Vent' at the top of your Mobile Browser:
Master Gardener Calendar
UC Master Gardeners Napa County
1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4
Napa, CA 94559-1315
Master Gardeners are available to answer your gardening questions on Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. See the contact instructions by clicking on the Garden Questions? on the top menu bar of this page.
Napa Farmers Market (May - October)
Master Gardeners are available to answer your gardening questions at the Farmers Market on the 1st and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 8-12pm
1100 West St. Parking Lot, Downtown Napa.
COVID-19 - Master Gardeners are doing various program venues, including by zoom, outdoors and indoors in-person. For indoor events masks are suggested for everyone and required for anyone who has been exposed within the last 10 days, to someone who has COVID-19.
Weekly Newspaper Column
I have two plants in my garden that are magnets for pollinators and butterflies. Both plants put on quite a flower show and are drought tolerant. Given our ongoing issues with water, this latter...
Most likely, you have been to a garden center and made impulse purchases of plants that struck you as particularly attractive. I've done so myself. Even if you read the label carefully, that plant...
Many of our commonly cultivated house and garden plants contain toxins. During my 35-plus years in veterinary practice, I treated many patients for either known or suspected toxic plant...
Kale has the reputation of being a “superfood.” This is one of those vague terms scorned by experts, dietitians and scientists but loved by marketers. Kale is, indeed, high in...
Recently a fellow Master Gardener recommended I read Inherited Silence by Louise Dunlap. The book is described as “an insightful look at the historical damages early colonizers of America...
We all have family histories, the stories we learn as children that become part of who we are as adults. Usually, we gather these stories and history from people, books, or classes, but...