The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
HAVE GARDEN QUESTIONS?Help Desk is open for your garden questions on Mondays and Fridays, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
FOR GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Master Gardener volunteers:
- Are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- Complete an intensive in-person and on line training program in plant science, basic horticulture, and other topics over several months to receive certification.
- Stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users: To find offerings and events menu, click the 'Vent' at the top of your Mobile Browser:
Master Gardener Calendar
UC Master Gardeners Napa County
1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4
Napa, CA 94559-1315
Starting October 10, Master Gardeners will be available to answer your gardening questions on Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. See the contact instructions by clicking on the Garden Questions? on the top menu bar of this page.
Napa Farmers Market
Every Tuesday from 8-12pm
1100 West St. Parking Lot, Downtown Napa.
COVID-19 - Master Gardeners are doing various program venues, including by zoom, outdoors and indoors in-person. For indoor events masks are recommended for everyone and required for non-vaccinated people.
Weekly Newspaper Article
With winter's official start less than two weeks away, it's rose pruning time. For rose lovers in Napa Valley, that can be hard to accept. With our relatively mild winters, many of us have roses...
It's fall and time to get your worm compost bins in order. Thicker bedding protects the worms during cold weather as they move to the center of the bin to keep warm. It is sometimes hard to work a...
I grew up on a tree-lined street, with large carob tree canopies arching over to provide shading and cooling during the heat of summer. In the fall they filled the evening air with their pungent,...
A Master Gardener recently visited the Oak Knoll District vineyard of a fellow Master Gardener and saw a rose bush at the head of each row of Cabernet Sauvignon. You may have noticed the same...