The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
HAVE GARDEN QUESTIONS?Help Desk is open for your garden questions on Mondays and Fridays, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
FOR GARDENING RESOURCES AND HEALTHY GARDEN TIPS CLICK HERE
Master Gardener volunteers:
- Are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- Complete an intensive in-person and on line training program in plant science, basic horticulture, and other topics over several months to receive certification.
- Stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users: To find offerings and events menu, click the 'Vent' at the top of your Mobile Browser:
Master Gardener Calendar
UC Master Gardeners Napa County
1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4
Napa, CA 94559-1315
Master Gardeners are available to answer your gardening questions on Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. See the contact instructions by clicking on the Garden Questions? on the top menu bar of this page.
Napa Farmers Market (May - October)
Master Gardeners are available to answer your gardening questions at the Farmers Market on the 1st and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 8-12pm
1100 West St. Parking Lot, Downtown Napa.
COVID-19 - Master Gardeners are doing various program venues, including by zoom, outdoors and indoors in-person. For indoor events masks are suggested for everyone and required for anyone who has been exposed within the last 10 days, to someone who has COVID-19.
Weekly Newspaper Column
We have had our first rain, and the nights are starting to get cold. Napans are fortunate: we can enjoy our gardens pretty much year-round and that includes working in them. I welcome rain. First,...
Several decades ago, I went hiking on Mount Tamalpais with the mother of a good friend. She handed me a burlap bag—reason unknown—and off we went. I soon found out why she wanted me to...
I was lucky enough to buy a small Napa house in 2008. Trees, shrubs, and a lawn dominated the large backyard. Mowing the lawn took a long time due to the rocky terrain and poor shape of the lawn. Not...